Welcome to Green Valley Fire District
Established in 1975, the Green Valley Fire District provides a wide variety of protection and emergency services to a suburban and rural area of more than 50,000 constituents. Read more about us.
Flood Preparation in Green Valley
A Message from Katie Sayre, Division Chief Community Services/PIO
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Business Phone: (520) 625-9400 Fax: 625-7122 Mobile: (520) 940-4569
Green Valley Fire is monitoring current weather conditions via US Weather Service messaging.
This morning Pima County delivered sand and sand bags to GVFD Station 153 at 210 E Continental Road for residents to fill. Each resident is permitted to take 10 filled sand bags per household as needed.
We would remind residents to stay out of running washes and low-lying areas until the weather clears.
Other monsoon tips:
– Stay home unless it is absolutely essential to go out and then only make those trips as needed
– Monitor TV, radio and internet for weather updates over the next day or two
– If you live in a more flood prone area, have a plan to evacuate if requested to do so
– Do not get close to running washes and make sure your children understand to stay away from washes, underpasses and/or storm drains
– DO NOT GO AROUND BARRICADES and follow directions from Sheriffs, Fire and EMS personnel
When in doubt, Wait it out!
Smoke Alarm Battery Replacement Program
The Green Valley Fire Corps will now change your residential smoke alarm batteries every year, by appointment for a $20 annual fee. Telephone 520.393.7505 to register.
View or print our SABP Program document.
Residential Lock Boxes
Residential key boxes are designed to be a secure method of allowing District firefighters to access to your home via a key box, when you can not open your own door or in the event of a critical emergency at your residence when you not at home.
Contact the Fire Prevention office 520.625.9438 (option #5) for details. Additional information is in the Lockbox tab of the “Prevention” Menu at the top of this page or you can print the details here.